Avocado with SunGold Kiwifruit Salsa
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 fresh hot red chilies, halved, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh lemon or lime basil, or use fresh mint
- 6 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 3 avocados
Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out onto a cutting board. Chop fine.
- Mix the honey, lime juice, chillies and chosen herb in a bowl and add the Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit.
- Let salsa stand for 30 minutes before using to allow flavors to combine.
Slice avocados in half length-wise and remove pits.
- Spoon salsa into the hollow centers of the avocados and serve.
Note: Salsa can also be used as a dressing on salads or served with corn chips.
Makes: 6 servings